Sr. Hardware Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
You will be a member of electrical team and be responsible for the hardware design, localization, and sustain in China and you will be reporting to Electrical R&D Manager.
- Working under the guidance of hardware Manager to finish the design, localization of the hardware (power electronics, logical circuit and system component &accessories) section of different Electrical Vehicle Charger Infrastructure (EVI).
- Working with global and local EVI team to finish the design, localization and manufacturing of EVI.
- Assisting project manager and the system architect to cascade marketing requirement and propose feasible electrical implementations solutions.
- Providing electrical inputs to other functional members in to operate in different gate stage - the power device loss, the interface logical /assignment, etc.
- Documenting and archiving all electrical deliverables in each gate and maintain these files.
- Being an electrical expert and providing technical support for other design team.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have a Ph.D., Master’s or bachelor’s degree in power electronics, electrical engineering, automation control etc.
- Master’s degree above 3 years’ (>5years for a bachelor’s degree and >1 year for a Ph.D. degree) experience in an electrical position in the field of power electronics, international company with China design presence background is preferred.
- Must have good understanding of the power electronics simulation and must be able to use at least one of these simulation tools: PLECS, MATLAB, Saber, PSIM etc.
- Must have a proven and successful history of high-power DC fast charger/ telecom rectifier/server power supply design background (>=3KW).
- Good understanding of low voltage system components design including but not limited to: EMI, breaks, relays, charger couplers etc.
- Must be result-oriented with good ability to collaborate with others, ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Good English and Chinese communication skill.
- Computer skills (MS-Office, Outlook).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.