Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
This is a Senior Scientist role reporting to the Research Team Manager in the Business Area - Robotics & Discrete Automation, located in Shanghai, China.
- Participating in the research and development of innovative concepts and enabling technology for industrial robot and its applications in factory automation.
- Working on advanced system engineering and algorithm design for areas such as robot serving motion control, machine vision, infrastructure sensing, robot-human interaction, machine learning and so on.
- Prototyping and testing of new product/solution concepts.
- Cooperating with ABB Robotics Division in China and worldwide for requirement analysis, technology transfer, and evaluating market attractiveness of new concepts/solutions.
- Scouting and tracking trends of market and emerging technologies, to draw the technology roadmap in industrial robot and its applications.
- Collaborating with leading academic institutions and universities in China, and jointly performing research projects.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have an advanced technical degree (M.S., ideally Ph.D) in field of robotics, mechatronics, automation, computer science, motion control, electric engineering, imaging, machine learning or related.
- Strong knowledge in robotics and understanding on its industrial applications.
- Proficiency and practical experiences in relevant software, hardware, or relevant skills.
- International experience would be a plus.
- Passion for innovation, problem solving and open minded with insights into new technologies, taking initiative and ability to lead research projects and implementation of research results in industrial environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English.
- Be a team player with high level of initiative for global cooperation and knowledge-sharing.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.