Local Division Controller
Beijing, Beijing, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
This is a Local Division Controller role reporting to the HUB Controller in the Business Area - Industrial Automation, Energy Industries located in Beijing or Shanghai in China. Act as a business partner to the relevant business manager. You will lead local Controlling teams to optimize financial performance within an assigned Division/Business Unit/Product Group/factory/site. Support effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting financial data in order to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions.
- Contributing to the definition of the strategy for the business unit. Serving as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility, aligning with wider strategy, implementing, and adjusting in implementation as needed. Maintaining constant contact with relevant other managers and Controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook.
- Translating strategy into business plans and establishes measurable targets. Overseeing the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serving as the interface to HQ/Country CFO/Global/Local Division Manager. Evaluating financial implications of various strategic decisions, building scenarios and recommends actions.
- Monitoring progress achieved and providing insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identifies issues and advises management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve. Driving appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Managing and closely monitoring the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital.
- Identifying and communicating commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions. Executing risk review procedures and processes in line with global policies and standards to minimize commercial and financial risks and exposure.
- Establishing and overseeing processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensuring high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- Ensuring transparency in financial reporting and disclosures. Defining and implementing internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensuring compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Supporting internal and external audits.
- Ensuring timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Division/Region Controllers, Accounting Center, and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
- Ensuring (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guiding, motivating and developing direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have degree in Accounting & Management Accounting / Economics.
- At least 12-15 years of relevant experience in Business Controlling roles
- Project controlling experience will be always preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of processes and tools in finance with strong business acumen.
- Experience as crisis coordinator would be an advantage.
- Strong collaboration, attention to details, communication, team leadership, people development skills.
- Fluent in English.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.