R&D Project Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
This is a R&D Project Manager role reporting to R&D Team Manager in Business Area – Motion, IEC LV Motors located in Shanghai, China which provides defined services to the internal customers with best quality in the most efficient way.
- Leading local and cross-functional project/s with limited complexity and/or sub-project of a complex project as responsible for all elements of the project/s, motivating and leading internal and/or external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones.
- Managing the project team allocated to the project, defining, with key stakeholders, the scope of work, cost/budget, resources required, time schedule and detailed work allocation, monitoring and controlling project cost and financials. Formalizing acceptance of the project and brings all the project elements to a conclusion, ensuring project results are transferred to relevant line organization or department responsible and capturing lessons learned.
- Ensuring project follows sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with standard ABB internal directives and procedures, ensuring projects follow external standards etc. that influence activities and targets.
- Identifying, containing and reducing risk, ensuring appropriate handling of change requests, ensuring transparency around unforeseen results/events and identified risks and making sure that they are properly prioritized, managed and communicated.
- Using own technical domain knowledge to provide technical support to colleagues or other functional teams.
- Ensuring understanding of customer value, taking into consideration requirements and demands coming from customers and from different ABB functions (sales, supply, production, etc.), acting to ensure customer satisfaction and expectations.
- Serving as the key contact for the project stakeholders, effectively communicating appropriate information to stakeholders in a timely manner and to achieve desired understanding and support.
- Managing relationships with stakeholders, internal functions, other R&D teams in Technology Center and/or Corporate Research Centers and external relevant parties (e.g. customers, academia).
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor or above degree required.
- Good computer skills in Windows, Microsoft Office, email communication, etc.
- Good level of written & reading skills in English.
- Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills in English & Chinese.
- Ability to work actively and effectively, self-starter and hardworking.
- Good teamwork spirit.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.