Global Sourcing Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Sourcing Engineer you will be responsible for supporting corporate sourcing strategy through data provision, team participation and implementation of corporate sourcing decisions / directives, in Motion Business Area in Shanghai, China.
Reporting to the Procurement & Logistics Specialist, you will support commodity management in key supplier visits to evaluate suppliers’ technologies and capabilities.
- Driving spending transition to EM China for MOPT USA plants
- Managing EM China supplier relationships. Developing Suppliers that meet cost, payment terms, quality and delivery requirements to become and remain approved suppliers
- Taking lead and overall responsibility in sourcing projects by working in conjunction with other function team members
- Supporting corporate sourcing strategy through data provision, team participation and implementation of corporate sourcing decisions / directives
- Analyzing Market, identifying new suppliers and making recommendations for major material purchases based on anticipated market price changes or in unusual availability situations
- Supporting commodity management in key supplier visits to evaluate suppliers’ technologies and capabilities
- Assisting in resolving non-conformance quality issues and support the supplier quality team
- 5+ years of working experience in industrial product sourcing (preferred in mechanical industry, multinational company experience will be a plus)
- Negotiation skills and analytical ability to identify and exploit key opportunities
- Proficiency in MS Office and SAP (or similar ERP system)
- Basic technical (preferred in mechanical field) and commercial skills with a university degree (at least Bachelor) in engineering
- Fluency in English both in written and oral. Skills in reading, analyzing and interpreting common English technical journals financial reports and legal documents, also skills in translating English drawings
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from business partners and effectively present information to management, business partners and colleagues
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis and flexible in terms of working hours. open-minded and enthusiastic team player
More about us
Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.