Beijing, Beijing, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Contract Specialist you will be responsible for developing contract strategy based on ABB’s policies, customer requirements, in Process Automation Business Area in Beijing, China.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, you will ensure commercial risk mitigation during project execution phase. Delivering routine training to whole team on commercial knowledge.
- Ensuring the portfolio of contracts in the Chemical and Power business, following contract signature and in the internal standard procedures
- Reviewing and commenting on commercial tender terms and conditions. Developing contract strategy based on ABB’s policies, customer requirements
- Identifying the contract baseline (including terms and conditions, estimate, proposal, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract) and highlights areas of potential risk. Ensuring timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in portfolio of contracts (i.e. payments, claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, guarantees, etc.)
- Defining approval requirements in Risk management. Enforcing and defending ABB's contractual interests against customers and suppliers during the whole of a project lifecycle, including monitoring and assessment of changes and deviations
- Defending and enforcing claims in concert with legal, developing the negotiation strategy and supporting negotiations, supporting Legal in handling formal dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration. keeping Legal update of any critical development during project execution
- Maintaining the risk review process in accordance with ABB policy and sometimes participating in the risk review assessment
- Analyzing contract terms to highlight areas of potential opportunity and risk, developing and implementing risk mitigation and opportunity
- Ensuring commercial risk mitigation during project execution phase. Delivering routine training to whole team on commercial knowledge
- 5+ years of working experience, with at least 2 years of commercial related experience
- A bachelor’s degree or above
- Fluency in English
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be result oriented and proactive
More about us
ABB project managers are at the heart of our organization, meeting and exceeding customer expectations while helping to build a sustainable and profitable future. You will have the opportunity to tackle some of the most innovative and complex engineering projects in the world today.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.