Category and Tendering SCM Specialist
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Category and Tendering SCM Specialist, you will be responsible for developing, planning and implementing Supply Chain Management (SCM) strategy focused on optimizing costs, quality, delivery and reliability of suppliers and supplied products for electrical and fabrication category such as e-House, HVAC, FGS and others electrical items like UPS, MV, LV, Transformer etc. according to Project scope of work in Shanghai, Beijing, China, ensuring execution in accordance with Company, SCM and Supply Base Management instructions and procedures .
Reporting to the Procurement & Logistics Manager, you will involve during project tendering stage as Tendering SCM, closely work with project tendering capture team and support the bidding manager to manage the supply risk while pursue a competitive offering, tendering SCM is working both under the leadership of a Procurement & logistics/global category manager and sales proposal team.
- Supporting the development and implementation of local/regional/global sourcing strategies in close alignment with the regional/global Category leader
- On-boarding new suppliers in close collaboration with sales proposal team, evaluating supplier performance regularly and driving for supplier development
- Negotiating agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions, achieving annual saving target setting by business
- Running benchmark studies for the category team and for specific sourcing initiatives
- Creating local contract amendments to frame agreements on behalf of a LBL and updates/maintains frame contracts
- Supporting local/regional sourcing initiatives within a defined set of categories, working closely with key stakeholders to implement category strategies
- 5 years of experience in oil and gas industry, working as Senior Category Specialist in Electrical and/or Automation category under 35 years old preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Experience in conduct audit at supplier premises and evaluate to determine supplier qualification decision
- Good contract negotiation Skills, able to understand contractual terms and negotiate with supplier for back to back flow down from customer contract to reduce project risk.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, sales technical proposal, preferable with electrical engineering background
- Able to travel for expediting supplier performance (if required)
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills in English both written and oral
More about us
Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.