Internship (f/m) Power systems Simulation platform
Ladenburg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees www.abb.com
Looking for a taste of working life in an international, future-focused corporate group? Then join us as an intern (m/f) and familiarise yourself with a suitable department for 3 to 6 months. You will be involved in large-scale projects and perform a defined set of duties independently. Use your internship to build a network and become familiar with our company.
· Extension of a co-simulation platform for future power systems
· Prototypic software development of interfaces between simulation platform, simulation and optimization components
· Integration of ABB Control systems for power systems
· Development of visualization components
· Studying computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering, communication engineering or related program
· Strong programming skills, knowledge of clean coding guidelines and software design in C#, Java, C++ or Python
· Domain knowledge in power systems or power grids is eligible
· Eligible tool knowledge: Modelica, PowerFactory, Neplan, SCADA systems
More about us
We believe in fairness, so interns (m/f) who join us will benefit from our expertise as they expand their own knowledge. We give you the scope to try things out for yourself and obtain practical experience. Your time is valuable, so you will receive appropriate remuneration for the duration of the internship.
Please note that internships are generally limited to six months, while voluntary internships during a bachelor course are for a maximum of three months.
Please state whether you are applying for a voluntary internship or undertaking a mandatory internship, and be sure to enclose your certificate of enrolment. In the case of mandatory internships, please include the corresponding extract from your university’s internship guidelines.
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your informative application (cover letter, CV, certificate of enrolment, current transcript of grades and other supporting documents) through our online careers tool.
ABB Training Center GmbH & Co. KG
Eppelheimer Str. 82
69123 Heidelberg, Germany