BU HSE Manager
Klodzko, Generic, Poland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Electrification Smart Business (ELSB) ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in the buildings of the future, through sustainable electrification solutions, services and products. Approx 80% of the role is leading Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance in the ELSB organization building a zero-incident safety culture, keeping a solid focus on the environment and ensuring our sustainability metrics are met. Support the business by deploying ABB HSE initiatives and processes. Facilitate delivery of support from the Center of Expertise (CoE) and ensure effective risk management through HSE excellence along ABB's value chain. Approx 20% of the role will be coordinating the HSE function across the Electrification Business
- Facilitating feedback on lessons learned and best practice from own unit and across ABB to management and employees.
- Reporting on HSE performance and progress on implementation of ABB Group Sustainability objectives and key performance indicators (KPls) Ensuring area of responsibility is audited according to program for audit.
- Assists line manager and supervisors in understanding their obligation, liability and how to fulfil their roles
- Supporting compliance with human rights, security and crisis management process.
- Facilitating HSE risks assessment sharing and “best of” elimination/containment actions across the BL (risk by line management involving shop floor employees, i.e., those directly concerned by the hazards) and ensures all processes are implemented)
- Driving behavioral change through implementing Group-wide performance improvement programs and practices locally to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture:
- Engaging external (e.g. customers, suppliers and other stakeholders) and internal stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on ABB’s HSE efforts and performance and obtain feedback.
- Cooperate with other functions, the COE and business partners to drive performance.
- Participating in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints
- Ensuring effective processes to identify and enable use of HSE equipment and tools (are available and used).
- Identifies needs, define training plans (and initiates training need,) e.g. for employees, site managers, contractors, and facilitates delivery of support from the CoE. Drives and ensures compliance with Group management systems
- Contributing to and/or plans and executes Health (and/or) Safety (and/or) Environment performance and Corporate Responsibility related projects.
- Develops and reports on project objectives. Manages project resources such as manpower, financials and other relevant factors
- Ensuring that the area of responsibility is appropriately organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in HSE.
- Experience in building a zero-incident safety culture.
- Experience on project management: proven ability to lead projects from onset to completion
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to synthetize complex or ambiguous issues into simple and clear statements.
- Proven high ethical standards, with highest integrity.
- Quick to react to urgent requests, relying on self-drive and motivation.
- Ability to travel 50+% of the time
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.