(Senior) Scientist (f/m/d) Control of Electric Power Systems
Ladenburg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In the course of the divestiture of the division Power Grids to Hitachi a large number of new positions are formed. In this context the position of the (Senior) Scientist Control of Electric Power Systems was created. We are looking to appoint a highly qualified (Senior) Scientist in the field of Power Systems. Joining a team of exceptional scientists, you will work on projects covering everything from research and development to application. This will involve coming up with new ideas, defining key problems, developing concepts, and overseeing implementation. Do your credentials include well-developed technical abilities together with strong communication skills? Do you want to create the energy supplies of the future? So that is your chance!
- Initiate, lead, and coordinate research projects for the control of power grids based on in-depth technical analysis and sound business considerations.
- Drive research into innovative solutions for power systems used in an industrial environment, working closely with ABB’s international business units and world-leading universities.
- Translate scientific findings into compelling innovations centered around technologies for grid management and control.
- Model and analyze electrical power systems, considering the full range of market constraints (e.g., Optimization of energy system, Energy Demand Management, Optimal Power Flow Analysis, Fault Analysis, Harmonics, Oscillations).
- Above-average university degree (PhD or Master’s with equivalent professional experience) with a focus on mathematical Optimization, Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical power system optimization, management and planning.
- Good programming skills (e.g., Python, C++, C#, Java, Julia, AMPL).
- Proficiency in use of tools like Matlab/Simulink, Modelica, Dymola, DIgSILENT PowerFactory, GAMS.
- Ability to translate theory into practice as well as strong communication, project management, and presentation skills.
- Experience with publicly funded projects and proven track record of working within complex organizations would be an advantage.
- Fluent command of English, both written and spoken.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Your contact is: ABB PersonalDirekt
+49 (0) 621 381 3500