Internship/Bachelorthesis/Masterthesis (f/m/d) in the area „Simulation, Digital Twin and Prototype Testing for Mechatronic Systems"
Ladenburg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
- Job type
Strong position in research & development are a prerequisite for ABB’s business success. Essential contributions grow out of the collaboration of ABB’s research and operational organization. Our Corporate Research Center close to
Heidelberg in Germany is one of nine ABB Corporate Research Centers worldwide.
Looking for a taste of working life in an international, future-focused corporate group? Then complete an internship with us, or come to us to write your thesis. Both options are open for 4-6 months, depending on your course of study and subject to approval. ABB will provide you with wide-ranging, professional and expert support to help you complete your thesis. Expand your network now, and learn about our company as you undertake a practically focused thesis or internship.
- You are interested in the domain of mechatronic systems in electrification, robotics and industrial automation, especially in aspects like simulations of complex multi-physical systems, development of digital twins or design, build-up & testing of new prototypes and would like to apply your expertise in a challenging & fascinating environment? Then, join our team of highly-motivated students and researchers to contribute to the foundations of next-generation ABB products for which we can offer you several attractive topics for an internship as well as for a Bachelor or a Master thesis.
- The multidisciplinary branch of mechatronic engineering combines both electrical and mechanical systems which makes it possible to apply our competencies on a wide range of applications in Electrification, Robotics and Industrial Automation. In close collaboration with our research team and other students, you will help to design, build-up and test prototypes, supporting e.g. the simulation-driven development of new technology demonstrators. By applying sophisticated multi-physics software packages, a strong focus of your work can be on the realistic simulation of conceptual designs to optimize them already in an early development phase. A further possible topic is the validation of the developed simulation models by using signal processing methods to evaluate the experimental results from testing. Based on your and the team’s domain knowledge, you can also implement digital twins delivering different tools, data and information which are required during the lifecycle of a system, i.e., for planning, engineering, simulation, monitoring and maintenance of the system.
- We expect that you show an above-average motivation to develop simulation methods & prototypes and pro-activeness to come up with new concepts and ideas on how to overcome possible challenges.
- - Fully matriculated student of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, engineering mathematics or comparable course of studies, at least in semester 5.
- - Good knowledge and experience in one or more of the following fields: Applied Mechanics, Electromagnetics, Mechatronics, Multibody Dynamics Simulation, Finite Element Analysis and Design, Prototyping & Testing of Mechatronic/Mechanical Systems
- - Experience is beneficial in one or more of the following software packages: Matlab, LabView, ADAMS, ANSYS, Comsol and SolidWorks (possibility for on-the-job training)
- - Fluent English in spoken and written
- - Duration: 4-6 months
More about us
We believe in fairness, so interns who join us will benefit from our expertise as they expand their own knowledge. We give you the scope to try things out for yourself and obtain practical experience. Your time is valuable, so you will receive appropriate remuneration for the duration of the internship.
Please note that internships are generally limited to six months, while voluntary internships during a bachelor course are for a maximum of three months.
Please state whether you are applying for a voluntary internship or undertaking a mandatory internship, and be sure to enclose your certificate of enrolment. In the case of mandatory internships, please include the corresponding extract from your university’s internship guidelines.
With the approval of your university, you can complete your bachelor or master’s degree by spending three or six months with us as you work on a practically focused thesis. You define the subject matter with us, with the support of the right contacts in various departments.
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your informative application (cover letter, CV, certificate of enrolment, current transcript of grades and other supporting documents) through our online careers tool.
ABB Training Center GmbH & Co. KG
Eppelheimer Straße 82