Senior Safety Software Developer (m/f/d) – Robotics
Gilching, Bavaria, Germany
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
We have an opening for a senior safety software developer at site our in Gilching. Join our local developers and work in close collaboration with our ABB R&D team in China. You will drive the development of functional and safety-related software modules for next-generation robotic systems. The focus is on cutting-edge solutions that will cement ABB’s position as a global player within the area of collaborative robots. Are you a highly structured team player who is keen to push back the boundaries of technology? Are you eager to learn and do you have the motivation and spirit needed to take robotics to the next level?
Join our team nearby Munich in an area that boasts one of the world’s highest quality-of-life indices and shape your future with us.
- Drive and develop safe embedded software for distributed systems with real-time functionality
- Drive architecture, specification and documentation at system and software level
- Take technical leadership with solid competence and maintain recognized expertise
- Work in close collaboration with related departments and international R&D teams
- Oversee quality assurance based on code reviews and software tests on unit and component level
- Contribute significantly to the functional safety development and the successful delivery for projects while driving innovative new solutions
- Providing guidance to colleagues and junior team members, acting as a mentor and sharing lessons learned
- Demonstrate sound working knowledge of relevant processes IEC 61508 and tools
- Real good programming skills in C++ / C (~70% / 30%)
- More than 3 years hands on experience in developing real time systems
- More than 2 years profound experience in safety related software development
- IEC 61508 (SIL 2,3,4) or ISO 26262 (ASIL C, D)
- Outstanding Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics
- Demonstrable knowledge in safety rated real time software systems
- Knowledge of microcontroller architectures and constraints
- Knowledge of flowcharts/state charts (UML knowledge would be a plus)
- Python knowledge desirable
- EtherCAT, FSoE and FPGA knowledge desirable
- Knowledge of agile software development desirable
- Fluent command of English preferably complemented by German language skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented induction programme, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently and self-reliantly within your assigned area. Even after the joining phase, ABB offers a wide range of individual career development opportunities and supports you in realising your career goals with targeted training measures. At ABB, as a certified family-friendly employer, you will find an attractive working environment in all phases of life - including policies for sabbaticals and home office, the ABB children's vacation camp and taking care of family members.
Interested in joining our team? We are looking forward to receiving your complete application through our online tool.
Your contact is: ABB PersonalDirekt
+49 (0) 621 381 3500