Internship (m/f/d) Robotics and Automation
Ladenburg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Looking for a taste of working life in an international, future-focused corporate group? Then join us as an intern (m/f) and familiarise yourself with a suitable department for 6 months. You will be involved in large-scale projects and perform a defined set of duties independently. Use your internship to build a network and become familiar with our company.
- Efficient automation requires problem-centric thinking with a strong focus on solutions and applications and plays an important role in ensuring today’s standard of living. Automation in general and robotics in particular enable producing goods at high quality and low prices and reducing the consumption of natural resources by efficient manufacturing processes. Major challenges include:
- High performance motion and force control even in partially unstructured environments
- Safe, productive, and ergonomic human-robot collaboration
- Machine Learning in industrial robotics applications
- Intuitive robot programming
- The internship tasks in the area of “Robotics and Automation” can be manifold depending on the applicant’s skills and interests:
- Contributing to new concepts for safe human-robot collaboration for increased manufacturing flexibility and productivity
- Improving the performance of motion and force control methods for industrial robots and other motion applications
- Master program with focus on Robotics, Control Engineering, Computer Science or Automation Engineering
- Enjoying independent work
- Programming experience (Matlab, C++, C#)
More about us
We believe in fairness, so interns who join us will benefit from our expertise as they expand their own knowledge. We give you the scope to try things out for yourself and obtain practical experience. Your time is valuable, so you will receive appropriate remuneration for the duration of the internship.
Please note that internships are generally limited to six months. Please state whether you are applying for a voluntary internship or undertaking a mandatory internship, and be sure to enclose your certificate of enrolment. In the case of mandatory internships, please include the corresponding extract from your university’s internship guidelines.
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your informative application (cover letter, CV, certificate of enrolment, current transcript of grades and other supporting documents) through our online careers tool.