Chief Software Architect
München, Bavaria, Germany
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation Business Area is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
You will be working as a Chief Software Architect and will be reporting to Head of Technology and CTO of Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area. You will be responsible for overall ABB Robotics Software infrastructure that encompass from real-time embedded to hardware independent, distributed and cloud-based software in the core robotics offer to the automation market, in software products, solutions and services globally. Your daily activities will include software architecture concept, roadmap and continuous optimization on new developments, predevelopment to connect market requirements with our industry specific domains and technology implementation in all related development projects.
- Defining and implementing the software strategy and roadmap for the overall product infrastructure in close collaboration with the specialists and architects in relevant fields and specific domains.
- Solving problems at scale, while must know the smallest details if necessary, along with leading and developing with the global team in the common aim to create industry-leading technologies.
- Pivoting for the whole of ABB Robotics, advocating new software technologies across product platforms and promoting end-to-end solutions.
- Enabling ABB Robotics faster time to market in software product and value application development and long-term maintainability across software development teams.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ large-scale industrial software development in which 5+ years in technology and project management.
- Good understanding of automation and robotics product platforms and modularity.
- Experience in large scale enterprise/industrial software systems, including all phases of the software DevOps lifecycle and effective development process for large distributed organization.
- Relevant and successful technology leadership experience in an R&D environment with a global team in various locations.
- Must have global mindset, business understanding and strong results orientation.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.