Research and Development Senior Engineer (m/f/d)
Mannheim, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
You will contribute significantly to successful project results in control system automation development projects in the Process Control Platform unit as part of the Industrial Automation Division in Germany.
- Utilizing your knowledge and skills in embedded firmware and software development to identify and implement innovative solutions.
- Performing a variety of complex engineering assignments, requiring the use of advanced and innovative techniques.
- Determining effective applications, equipment and methods to develop, market or manufacture new products or new software to respond to customer requirements cost effectively.
- Acting as a project lead and subject matter expert, providing guidance and training more junior colleagues in relevant technologies, processes and tools.
- Identifying and managing risks in research and development projects, and in the wider organization.
- Proactively seeking and implementing initiatives to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining recognized expertise in control system products (e.g., P14) by continually reviewing developments in current technologies and representing the R&D team in internal and external Engineering forums.
- Contributing to the development of strategic technology plans and project portfolios.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A Bachelor of Science in computer science.
- Over 5 years’ experience in Software/Firmware development, working as an R&D Senior Engineer with embedded products and C++ development.
- Sound knowledge of software engineering for embedded devices and the industrial automation market.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, C, C++, and Microsoft C# programming languages, Microsoft Azure DevOps, Microsoft Visual Studio, and other relevant tools for the design, development, debugging and testing of software/firmware
- Solid competence in technologies, tools and methods in own specialist area, demonstrated through solving complex industrial challenges.
- Strong commitment towards safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative approach to working, with strong leadership and communication skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented induction programme, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently and self-reliantly within your assigned area. Even after the joining phase, ABB offers a wide range of individual career development opportunities and supports you in realising your career goals with targeted training measures. At ABB, as a certified family-friendly employer, you will find an attractive working environment in all phases of life - including policies for sabbaticals and home office, the ABB children's vacation camp and taking care of family members.
Interested in joining our team? We are looking forward to receiving your complete application through our online tool.
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
Your contact is: ABB PersonalDirekt
+49 (0) 621 381 3500