Local Product Group Manager (m/f/d) – Heidelberg
Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For Smart Buildings, we are looking for a Local Product Group (LPG) Manager who will be responsible for profit & loss, operational performance, business growth, strategic implementation through the local representation of the HUB Energy Distribution in Heidelberg.
- Implement the Division and Global Product Group strategy in the LPG Heidelberg, ensure profitable business development, including profit and loss (P&L)
- Drive Local Product Group Unit strategy development and deployment in partnership with local management team. Implement the Lean concept in the location
- Ensure achievement of operational performance targets in line with global targets, establishing correct business operating model and regular oversight, identifying and defining improvement actions required
- Ensure customer focused organization and appropriate operational performances (productivity, quality, high service level, short lead time, Inventory management, etc.)
- Oversee and ensure production and/or execution of high-quality products, services and processes. Monitor quality metrics, identify opportunities for improvement in local execution, and oversee improvement activities
- Ensure the execution of projects according to agreed targets in terms of timing, quality, financial results and customer satisfaction
- Ensure (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guide, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee. Manage the succession planning for lead P&L positions in the LPG
- Implement ABB standards on sustainability and business ethics as well as the Supplier Code of Conduct within the Division/Product Group supply base
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in same or similar roles performed in structured and complex environment
- Strong experience in manufacturing business, preferably in serial production with high volumes and variants
- Strong leadership skills, acting as a role model in regards of the ABB values and driving a change and empowerment culture
- Experience in working with a work council
- Ability to interact with different levels in an international and virtual environment, creating a wide networking both with internal and external stakeholders to extend his/her view on external market and customers’ need and elaborate innovative solutions
- Solid managerial experience that will let you manage relation with peers superior and direct reports, and create commitment and excitements toward project and goals
- Fluent German and English
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented induction programme, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently and self-reliantly within your assigned area. Even after the joining phase, ABB offers a wide range of individual career development opportunities and supports you in realising your career goals with targeted training measures. At ABB, as a certified family-friendly employer, you will find an attractive working environment in all phases of life - including policies for sabbaticals and home office, the ABB children's vacation camp and taking care of family members.
Interested in joining our team? We are looking forward to receiving your complete application through our online tool.
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
Your contact is: ABB PersonalDirekt
+49 (0) 621 381 3500