Operations Manager (m/f/d) Cluster Emergency Lighting EU / Homeoffice
Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Lead the Operations at Cluster level, with full accountability of running the day-to-day operation and to overachieve customer expectations through lean, faultless operational execution (Care, Customer, Cost, Cash), in an extended value chain and at the lowest total cost. The Cluster Manager provides strategic direction and leads the implementation of our Assets Light, Business Model within all allocated manufacturing units. Successfully integrates allocated manufacturing units from recent acquisitions while delivering committed synergy savings. Develops plans and executes plans through a collaborative an engaging leadership style to meet budget goals. Is accountable for assuring both operational and financial performance. Continues to drive improvement on manufacturing technologies and develops a high-performance work environment. Builds team competencies to raise overall competitiveness.
- Based on the overall Division and Operations & Quality functional strategy, responsible to derive and continuously improve a customer-focused Cluster Operations strategy.
- Leads and manages the manufacturing units in respective Cluster and implements local plans to
- achieve targets. Improves productivity, profitability, manufacturing technology and competence in line with Hub / Division / GPG strategy.
- Responsible to implement and sponsor Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) and all other business compliance standards and regulations across all QO functions of the Cluster.
- Accountable to deliver targets for Operations: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity.
- Responsible for on-time/on-margin product delivery and to deliver project EBIT and cash.
- Reduces cost of poor quality, drives, delivery performance and cost optimization.
- Accountable that all manufacturing units are properly organized, staffed and directed. Accountable to build an effective, capable and high-performing organization. Responsible to develop talent, review organizational effectiveness, performing competence assessments and continuous skill upgrades across the Cluster.
- Integration of newly acquired business, delivering synergy savings and creating a One ABB culture.
- University degree in engineering and MBA
- Several years of experience in manufacturing and in general management roles
- Professional experience in managing multi-sites and in global roles
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and lead people
- Experience in change management and transformational roles
- Fluent command of English both written and spoken
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. We will equip you with the skills needed to complete your managerial tasks as quickly and successfully as possible. For this purpose numerous instruments are available to you. Our corporate and management culture is shaped by values that are also guidelines for operational and strategic work. Individual development plans with targeted training measures enable you to continuously expand your competencies. As a certified family-friendly employer, ABB offers an attractive working environment at all stages of your life - including policies for sabbaticals and home office, as well as support in taking care of children or family members.
Interested in joining our team? We are looking forward to receiving your complete application through our online tool.
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
Your contact is: ABB PersonalDirekt
+49 (0) 621 381 3500