R&D Software Engineer (m/f/d) Functional Safety
Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will contribute ideas for innovative technology developments and solutions, working to solve industrial problems.
You will contribute creative ideas to R&D projects, as well as proposing follow-up projects and activities based on new ideas.
- Making judgments and contributing to results through an understanding of the key business drivers for ABB
- Ensuring alignment with targets and coordinating activities
- Monitoring technology developments and ABB products and technologies, and identifying technical drivers for R&D projects
- Working to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction according to incoming requests, and providing consulting services to business operations and customers
- Participating in working teams, disseminating technical/scientific knowledge in projects, and assisting colleagues in applying processes and tools
- Participating in networks to expand knowledge of the targeted area of expertise
- Contributing to discussions of intellectual property and developing project clearance reports
- Identifying risks in R&D projects
- M.Sc. in Electronic Engineering, Embedded Systems or Communication and Information Technology
- At least 3 years of experience in software architecture and defining software requirements for functional safety, working as firmware engineer with safety products or technologies with safety integrity level 3
- Sound knowledge of developing software architecture, defining requirements, implementing and verifying software
- Strong knowledge of C/C++, ARM, GIT, MISRA, LINT, Klocwork, Doxygen, Unit Testing, Functional Safety, PLC, Industrial Ethernet, Fieldbus
- Relevant competence in Configuration Management, Scrum/Agile Development, Modelling, Requirement definition and handling, and System Weaver
- A solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- English C1 and German B2
- Willingness to international traveling
- Knowledge in Cyber Security preferable
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented induction programme, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently and self-reliantly within your assigned area. Even after the joining phase, ABB offers a wide range of individual career development opportunities and supports you in realising your career goals with targeted training measures. At ABB you will find an attractive working environment in all phases of life - including policies for sabbaticals and home office, the ABB children's vacation camp and taking care of family members.
Interested in joining our team? We are looking forward to receiving your complete application through our online tool.
Your contact is: ABB PersonalDirekt
+49 (0) 621 381 3500
ABB Data Privacy Statement: