Service Engineer, 10th of Ramadan City.
10th of Ramadan City, Egypt
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees www.abb.com
As a Service engineer, you will be a part of the Power Grids (PG) division and high voltage products business unit based in 10th of Ramadan City. ABB’s Power Grids division is the world’s leading supplier of power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the power value chain of generation, transmission and distribution enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The division serves utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customer and is focused on addressing key areas such as the integration of renewable energies, growing network complexity, grid automation, and microgrids.
Your Tasks as a Service engineer, will include the following:
• Provide technical support by identifying technical problems and determine corrective actions in own area of expertise via remote or on-site service in GIS (Gas insulated switchgear) - installation and commissioning; maintenance; repairs; engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.
• Focus on one ABB approach in delivering service.
• Execute Gas insulated switchgear installations/supervision work and reporting, fill in test reports, mechanical and electrical function test, commission works for GIS (Gas Insulated switchgear) and perform High Voltage test.
• Investigate customer needs through professional consulting, provide technical consulting and specialist assistance on service solutions to management and customers by giving relevant inputs on customer requirements and proposed service products/solutions.
• Determine effective service applications, equipment and methods to develop, market or manufacture new service offerings to respond to customer requirements cost effectively also manage customer relationships and maintain regular contact with key customers.
• Identify new sales opportunities, proactively communicate both with the customer and ABB sales teams to ensure customer needs are met and business opportunities are utilized for Service growth.
• Conduct specialist support and advisory service for Sales team, ensure accurate communication and exchange of technical information to the customers to address their needs and reports, follows up customer feedback to achieve high level of customer satisfaction.
• Coordinate and perform specialist service projects in relevant areas internally and externally (e.g. milestones, project plan, cost supervision, action steps, project reviews, project supervision) including all commercials. Prepare all required technical documents and reports for project contracts to be signed by the customer representative. Report work done in a timely manner and provide relevant technical supporting documents to the service execution teams and follow up when needed.
• Apply safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities, reports unsafe practices and incidents.
Ideally you will have a bachelor’s degree in engineering with minimum 2 to 4 years of experience in installation, commissioning and service knowledge of High Voltage Gas Insulated Switchgear from 66KV to 245KV and Generator Circuit Breakers will be required apart from this. Flexibility to travel and good communication skills are must.
More about us
If you are interested to join our team, apply directly. In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org . No CVs allowed on emails.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.