Production Scheduler, Cairo.
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees www.abb.com
As a Production scheduler, you will be a part of the Robotics and motion (RM) Division and Motors and Generators (MG) business unit based in Cairo. The Robotics and Motion division provides products, solutions and related services that increase industrial productivity and energy efficiency.Its motors, generators, drives and robotics provide power, motion and control for a wide range of automation applications. The leading position in wind generators and traction converters complements the industrial focus, leveraging joint technology, channels and operations platforms.
Your Tasks as a Production scheduler will include the following:
• Apply our company quality system & OHS (Occupational health and safety) rules to maintain and promote the ABB Standards.
• Monitor closely ongoing time-and-material costs for each job with workshop supervisors and report to the Management any over-run cost (Lab, Material & Services)
• Coordinate between workshop team & sales engineers/ customers for in-house initial / final inspection schedules to secure jobs release on time.
• Prepare all planned Material /services for each job and follow-up with Purchasing to avoid any delay.
• Lead weekly planning meetings to discuss the status of each job and highlight if there is any delay.
• Prepare the workshop monthly revenue plan and follow up with Production /Sales to maximize the monthly Billing and Push to clear the pending jobs due to customer PO & Payment.
• Responsible for work order preparation, prioritizing, estimating in terms of cost and time. Schedule and follow the completion with the supervisors, conforming the satisfaction from end user Operation, then closing the work orders.
• Take care of customer services (Jobs Collection, Dispatching, Material supplied by customer, Customer update).
• Coordinate on a regular basis with Work Shop Manager regards to jobs in operation, job scheduling, repair problems, customer concerns and employee performance.
• Prepare reports for all planning activity metrics and analyse all results to recommend required improvements in performance and collaborate with material manager to forecast all required strategies.
• Managing logistics activities.
• Reschedule due dates of existing open orders when desirable after coordinating with sales team & workshop team.
• Analyse and update system planning factors for the part numbers under his control.
• Reconcile errors or inconsistencies and try to eliminate root causes of these errors.
• Find key problem areas requiring action now to prevent future crises.
• Monitor the materials stock to avoid any work stoppage due to materials shortage.
Ideally, you should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with prior 5 - 8 years of work experience in machines service. Proficiency in English is required.
More about us
If you are interested to join our team, apply directly. In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. No CVs allowed on emails.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.