Power Grids High Voltage - Market Manager
10th of Ramadan City, Egypt
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a PGHV Market Manager you will be a part of the Power Grids business based in Egypt. Reporting to the General Manager of Dry and Distribution, you will be responsible in developing profitable and sustainable demand side sales for the BU in the country. Leading the BU domestic sales team. Implementing the BU strategy and Power Up initiatives in conjunction with the Local Sales Manager and the BU Sales & Market Manager. Representing the interests of the BU in the country. Supporting the local Front End sales team in Sales & Market activities for the BU.
- Sales and marketing: Responsible for the BU demand sales volume and portfolio mix. Leading the implementation of Global Business Unit strategies and initiatives at a country level to ensure appropriate sales and marketing efforts within the country. Ensuring the Global Business Unit portfolio is appropriately represented in the local market. Maintaining cost controls for assigned Global Business Unit within the local market.
- Market coverage: Managing demand market for Global Business Unit including third party sales, internal sales, and channels. Managing the Business Unit demand-side budget of the Country.
- Planning: Developing business strategies and sales and marketing plans in partnership with local Marketing and Sales teams. Participating in the budgeting process, including preparing the Order Commitment Sheet (OCS), representing the Global Business Unit in the local market.
- Product marketing: Coordinating product Lifecycle marketing and ensures effective execution in the local market. Coordinating and supporting the factory sales and marketing activities in the country.
- Market analysis: Creating, aligning and implementing a marketing plan for the country in coordination with the FE S&M, HBU and BU. Oversees the market intelligence process ensuring detailed market analyses of market drivers and trends, key competition, and emerging technologies. Making monthly and ad-hoc reports to monitor market and progress.
- Resources: Ensuring local sales teams are provided with necessary training and receive appropriate accreditation. Works together with HBU/Territory Sales & Marketing, Product Marketing, Global Marketing and Marketing Communication for planning and implementation of marketing activities.
- Customer relations: In line with the sales team strategy manages and develops appropriate relationships with customers and key accounts. Serves as escalation point for questions and issues and collects customer feedback and input.
- Bid and proposal: Ensuring proposals are developed and approved to enable negotiations. Oversees quotations to promote optimal outcome. Ensuring all status updates and documentation are accurately tracked in appropriate systems. Taking local responsibility for the Business Unit mix and maintains the accuracy of data for project pipeline and orders received forecast and competitive feedback.
- After sales: Organizing and promoting after sales service activities. Ensuring appropriate order handling of products/systems/services. Ensuring contracts are appropriately managed with adherence to payment terms.
- People leadership and development: Leading the BU domestic sales team. Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaches, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Drives and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Safety and integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in Substations, Transmission and Distribution, Power Products, (Engineering, procurement, and construction) EPC business.
- HV market experience is a must with ability to analyze the microeconomic data to estimate the market size and market movement.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English and Arabic is required. French is a plus.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
If you are interested to join our team, apply directly on website with your ENGLISH RESUME. In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at email@example.com . No CVs allowed on emails.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.