- Job type
- Medical insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
You as a Treasury Manager you will be based in Cairo, Egypt. Reporting to the Region/Country Treasury Manager, you will represent Group Treasury function in the region and/or in the country. You will be responsible for the coordination and monitoring of all Group Treasury activities in line with local regulations and business requirements, and in cooperation with Group Treasury function.
- Working closely with Treasury Center of Excellence (CoE) Head to implement Group Treasury strategy and supporting in the proper application of group directives and guidelines. Initiating, following up and executing initiatives to improve Treasury processes as per MEA Treasury CoE priorities and guidelines.
- Identifying processes with potential for harmonization and improvement and reviewing of treasury activities in MEA Countries to identify and define process for the shift of treasury activities to be executed from the CoE.
- Identifying and coordinating the move of transactional treasury activities to the GBS along with having operational and transactional treasury responsibilities across MEA countries.
- Reviewing and identifying the financial risks relating to Treasury and impacting countries in scope and designing the appropriate risk mitigation strategies. Evaluate risk management policies to confirm it is in line with Group Instructions, with the aim to protect adverse impact on the company's results and to support the business achieving their targets.
- Reviewing and evaluating fund requirements in legal entities in MEA, supporting capitalization activities and arranging GTO loans and 3rd party finance and supporting in coordination/rollout of Group Treasury function initiatives and projects across the region.
- Driving continuous initiatives and process improvements in Treasury to keep abreast of the latest developments in this area. Enhancing the execution of all treasury activities and ensuring stream lined process in execution across operating entities in scope.
- Assisting in the formulation of financial strategies and negotiating financial agreements with financial institutions. While ensuring solid and sustainable relationships across financial institutions and compliant with local market regulations and ABB group directives.
- Acting as a business partner to all relevant counterparts in finance and business community within the organization and working closely with the Business Units to ensure all related risks are mitigated.
- Preparing presentations to be shared with Export credit Agencies (ECAs), banks and financial institutions related to Customer Finance Opportunities in the MEA region.
- Developing finance solutions to ABB customers, involved in all aspects from back ground and credit check on Customers, comparing cash flows with payment obligations, clearly identifying repayment and collection risks related to projects and possible risk mitigates.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting/Economics. MBA/CFA is a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience in corporate treasury and should possess sound understanding of accounting, controlling and tax.
- Good knowledge of financial instruments and markets, including funding, cash management and derivatives.
- Should have experience managing African treasury role at mid level or senior level.
- Knowledge in various funding programs such as the Chinese Belt and Road initiative.
- Should be flexible to travel.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
- Solid experience in African countries is a must and Middle East work experience is highly preferable.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: email@example.com. No CVs allowed on emails.