10th of Ramadan City, Egypt
- Job type
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
You will be working as a Design Engineer and will be a part of the Electrification Business. In this role, you will be creating and modifying the standard designs of equipment, systems or installations, including standard specifications for manufacturing, fabrication or construction for assignments classified as low to medium complexity by applying standard design concepts.
- Designing engineering solutions, including drawings and calculations according to specification and contributing to design reviews and design verification, modifies design as necessary.
- Following work plans and cost estimates for work in one’s area of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- Identifying variation requests to support contract claims
- Completing risk and opportunity assessments and the implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility reports any contract or quality or program or cost issues to management for resolution.
- Attending project meetings and presents specific aspects of design assignments.
- Collaborating with the supply chain function, reviews vendor documentation, prepares RFQs, and provides design related evaluation of proposals for standard materials and equipment.
- Assisting in communication with customer pertaining to specific project design assignments or meetings.
- Using standard processes and tools, assists in developing new processes and tools for reuse of technical solutions.
- Providing support and direction for entry level team members, which may include trainees and interns.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience in design engineer role for MV and LV switchgears and distribution transformers.
- Required good working knowledge and experience in electrical equipment with good knowledge about design processes and at least one CAD program.
- Strong communication skills in English is must, knowledge in French is desirable.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
If you are interested to join our team, apply directly on website with your ENGLISH RESUME. In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at EGfirstname.lastname@example.org. No CVs allowed on emails..