Finance Specialist - Front Office - Fiduciary
- Job type
- Medical insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Finance Specialist - Front Office – Fiduciary will be a part of Power Grids business in Egypt. Reporting to the Finance Manager-GBS Front Office, you will be supporting the Country Finance Director/ Manager in identifying and managing the demand for local finance fiduciary duties. Ensuring relevant duties are matched with activities in the GBS Finance front office and Hub. Responsible for compiling local statutory Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) books and other local reporting.
- Ensuring an up to date understanding of local finance fiduciary duties.
- Maintaining a register of local finance fiduciary duties.
- Organizing delivery of local finance fiduciary demand in and outside GBS Finance.
- Working closely with the GBS Finance Front office manager and general accounting manager in defining and securing the delivery of the local finance fiduciary duties.
- Working as point of contact for the Country Finance Director/ Manager for queries related to local finance fiduciary duties.
- Preparing local GAAP reporting, including preparation of finance related information for relevant legal entity governing body meetings.
- Compiling local statutory GAAP reporting within the timeline required by the company/local laws.
- Securing timely local filings as per local legal requirements.
- Supporting or acting as local contact person for external auditors.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce. Preferably in general accounting.
- 8-10 years of experience, with 3-5 years of experience in local statutory book keeping and reporting.
- Sound knowledge of local finance ERP/Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven leadership skills, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: email@example.com. No CVs allowed on emails.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.