Tender and Quotation Specialist
10th of Ramadan City, Egypt
- Job type
- Car allowance
- Medical insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Tender and Quotation Specialist will be part of Power Grids business in 10th of Ramadan City; Egypt. Reporting to the Operating Unit Manager, you will be creating, and completing bids/estimations/quotations based on customer requirements to achieve both market competitiveness and high margin for the company. Maintain and improve the balance between all ABB units and customers that are present in the area of responsibility.
- Target: Formulating competitive bids/estimates/quotations, considering best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation. Ensuring tenders are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
- Preparation: Managing the preparation of all technical, financial and if necessary project management aspects of the bid/estimate/quotation, indicating prices and trading conditions.
- Coordination: Ensuring that inputs for editing activities are provided on time and according to established quality procedures. Managing external services to support bid/estimation preparation such as translations and governmental approvals.
- Documentation: Collecting and archiving documentation regarding the order and recording assumptions and decisions taken during the development process.
- Risk: Identifying potential risks in the bids/quotations/estimates and in any related contract agreements across customers. Providing information and participating in the Risk Review process in accordance with ABB policy.
- Information coordination: Collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost elements.
- Customer relations: Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process. Providing necessary technical support to Sales Managers during technical meetings with customers.
- Supplier selection: Identifying potential vendors for equipment and materials required in the project and technically evaluates supplier offers to match with specifications. Collaborating with Supply Chain Management to coordinate requests to subcontractors.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering is a must. Candidates with Mechanical engineering degree can also be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience in tendering.
- Sound knowledge of Tendering, proposal and pricing.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is a must. French is a plus.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: email@example.com. No CVs allowed on emails.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.