Field Service Engineer
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
You will be working as a field service engineer and will be based out in Egypt. You will be reporting to the Local Product Group Manager - MOMG and will be carrying out the commissioning, start up and post repair for all kinds of rotating machines, at Workshop or on site, in addition to daily supervising of repair activities within a workshop plan set by workshop manager to achieve the required LBU targets & goals alongside with customers satisfaction.
- Supervising the electrical and mechanical repair of rotating machines at workshop /Site, to ensure quality control for all repair stages according to ABB quality standard.
- Supervising commissioning and start up for new & repaired machines while performing the required site measurements & tests.
- Applying ABB quality system & HSE rules to maintain and promote the ABB Standards and supporting Sales & Marketing team to achieve growth in service business.
- Reporting for all activities within the due dates and fast response to customers specific needs and requests.
- Collecting market data regarding ABB / non-ABB Machines installed base and contribute with all gained collected market information.
- Responsible for an assigned field service budget, to be achieved with a set profit targets in coordination with sales team.
- Condition Assessment and Monitoring of HT Electrical Equipment including HT Motors & Generators ( ex. LEAP ).
- Supervising Site Service activities such as Repairs, Re-wedging, Overhauling such as Solvent Cleaning, Dry-ice cryogenic cleaning, Dry-out, Varnishing, Assembly/Disassembly and Re-Commissioning of Large HT Motors and Generators.
- Handling Man-power, Customer Interfacing, Problem Solving, caring out Site activities and other such soft skills associated with Site Services and should be ready to carry out other reasonable duties as requested
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Should have 1-2 years’ experience in machine service
- Good command of English in both spoken & written
- Ability to resolve any problems that might arise, internally & externally
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together
If you are interested to join our team, apply directly on website with your ENGLISH RESUME. In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at EGfirstname.lastname@example.org. No CVs allowed on emails.