HR Business Partner PGTR & Labor Relations Function Manager
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as an HR Business Partner for PGTR business & Labor Relations Function Manager, will be part of Power Grids business based in 10th of Ramadan City, Egypt. You are responsible for leading a team of human resources specialists or managers to deliver the strategy for a specific HR function area in a region or cluster or country, in alignment with group directives and wider HR strategy. Representing the need of the area to the group center of expertise and collaborate with HR Business Partners and HR Global Business Services to provide seamless to the business.
- Function strategy: Executing and contributing to strategy within functional and geographic area of responsibility, in alignment with group guidance, policies and procedures.
- Function Process: Implementing and continuously optimizing HR processes and procedures within area of functional responsibility in alignment with ABB guidance, policy and procedures.
- HR Solutions: Partners with HRBPs and business leaders to understand current issues that can be supported or resolved through existing, new and improved HR practices, process or policies in area of functional specialty.
- HR Solutions: Partners with HRBPs and business leaders to understand current issues that can be supported or resolved through existing and improved HR practices, processes or policies in area of functional specialty.
- Special Programs: Developing and implementing region or cluster or country – specific programs in area of functional specialty, in consultation with COE.
- COE interface: Acting as key point of contact for the Group COE. Actively contributing to, supporting and leading where appropriate Group COE design projects and pilots.
- GBS Interface: Working with the relevant processes and monitoring service delivery in accordance with the pre-defined service level agreement.
- Vendor management: Managing vendor relationships and regional or cluster or country level, instructing service providers and monitoring quality and cost of delivery.
- Compliance: Ensuring compliance with legislation and HR policies and compliance standards in area of functional responsibility.
- Finance and budget: Formulating financial plans and budget estimating for the HR function area in the Region or cluster.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any stream of education
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation and personnel information systems.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic, planning, resource allocation.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules and the democratic political process.
- This position is for 1 year contract.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: email@example.com. No CVs allowed on emails.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.