Product Sales Manager
- Job type
- Medical insurance
Join your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
You will be working as a Product Sales Manager and will be a based out in Egypt. In this role, you will be planning and ensuring execution of the BL and PGs sales strategy for assigned area (Egypt), to achieve both qualitative and quantitative targets for products, systems in a profitable way. You will also be accountable for defining and implementing sales and marketing strategies for the assigned area; proactively leading and developing the Marketing & Sales process; Responsible developing and managing the marketing and sales action plans to both achieve the key qualitative and quantitative targets in a profitable way, to exceed the sales targets through high performance and to ensure very high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring an effective sales operation either directly with end customers or in collaboration with Channel partners and ensuring that the targets are achieved, both regarding sales volumes and profitability
- Contributing to Local BL/ PGs strategy definition and execution through the analysis and identification of new markets, segments, and/or solutions and analyzing customer needs for the portfolio, securing customer advantages and benefits as well as white spot analysis and connected strategies to penetrate the market.
- Ensuring the development of marketing and sales plan areas in alignment with the Local BL manger strategy and market and implementing the sales and marketing plans with the MO team.
- Identifying opportunities at existing and potential new customers within defined geographical area, determines plans for acquisition and allocates resources, and participates in the definition of partnership agreements.
- Supporting the development of strong relationships with key customers, building and maintaining strong relationships with key decision makers and ensuring efficient marketing communications.
- Developing large projects, via very good awareness of the customer, understands the underlying customer needs and identifies new business possibilities, as well as maximizing the potential with existing customers.
- Monitoring client financial status and reports any changes regarding risk to relevant internal partner teams and identifying and manage potential risks relating to contract agreements across customers/channels.
- Gathering and analyzing customer data in order to support the sales proposals based on the customer’s situation ensuring achievement of sales volume and product mix targets by setting appropriate price and margin for sales.
- Taking ownership of the sales processes, and all relevant training and development plans, actions and programs and ensuring the proper prices/margin from the business segment’s perspective in negotiations with customers.
- Facilitating negotiations and develops the cooperation with channel partners including the production of cooperation agreements and responsible for identifying and managing risks relating to contract agreements and prices across customers/channels
- Responding, reporting and giving feedback to the PGs on business trends, possibilities and challenges in the local market and how these influence the overall strategies for the business segments and the markets.
- Responsible for feedback / reporting to the LBL & PGs for the business segment concerning sales development, distribution of resources and the current status of the market and coordinating the flow of information for sales activities and transactions and evaluating data to ensure achievement of goals.
- Conducting analysis of competitors containing information about the competitor’s business organization, the most important customers, product portfolio, pricing, profitability and marketing strategy.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines
- 7-10 years of experience in sales field
- Should have strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to meet all customer requirements by submitting the optimum solution which needs fully awareness of ABB Motors portfolio.
- Should have problem solving and conflict management
- Fluency in both spoken & written English & Arabic language is required. French speaking is preferable.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.