Country Trade Compliance Officer
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Country Trade Compliance Officer (CTCO)will be a part of Power Grids business in Egypt. Reporting to the Commercial Manager-EP & Country Trade Compliance Officer, you will be supporting Country Management in ensuring that all Local Businesses conduct their activities are in line with PG JV (Joint Venture) Trade policies and guidelines, as well as driving and coordinating the local implementation of PG JV’s Global Trade Program.
- Serving as single point of contact for local (national) trade compliance authorities and country management in handling trade compliance relating to PG JV exports, cross-border shipments and customers or vendors.
- Ensuring the creation and maintenance of written trade compliance standards and procedures for all local businesses addressing all applicable export control, sanctions, and customs requirements. Collaborating closely with staff in related domains to ensure seamless connection between overall trade compliance and day-to-day operations, including master data requirements, supplier qualifications etc.
- Overseeing trade related archiving requirements and ensuring that trade compliance records are retrievable, as defined in the relevant instructions and regulations.
- Ensuring, through appointed business-based Product Classification Engineers (PCEs) and responsible local business management, that all imported and exported products, software and technologies are properly classified with respect to relevant national and international export control regulations and national tariff / commodity classification. Assisting in classification for special transactions, as needed. Ensuring maintenance of classification and audit trail in relevant systems.
- Ensuring the effective use of PG JV’s custom and trade compliance management systems (i.e. SAP, GTS and Document Management System) and efficiently implementing the automated screening solution, as well as the customs management functionalities, for both imports and exports.
- Developing and implementing a strategy to monitor, manage and mitigate trade compliance related risks and opportunities, including close cooperation with customs operations staff and the preparation, use of regular local internal trade reviews in the Local Businesses. Notifying local business management, Group Trade Compliance and Trade Management and in-house legal counsel of any suspected trade compliance violation. Overseeing trade facilitation programs, managing and administrating authorizations and permits. Supporting audits of PG JV Group trade compliance and relevant authorities, supervise follow-up actions.
- Implementing a trade compliance training program to ensure basic knowledge and awareness across the entire local organization and raise specific expertise where needed, in line with the PG JV Global Trade Program.
- Providing country management, CFM and Group Trade Management with periodic updates regarding the status of the local trade compliance program and on significant changes in applicable trade regulations.
- Ensuring that Trade Compliance targets are achieved and delivering budgets and targets within the framework.
- Ensuring with HR, CFM and local business management support, that Trade Compliance is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed, at local business level. Guiding, motivating and developing nominated TCO’s within HR policies for the benefit of both PG JV and the employee.
- Ensuring target achievement according to the Indirect Materials and Services operational dashboard.
- Representing and gathering of SCM matters permanently or on request in Country / Oversight Country management meetings.
- Representing the interest of a country in defining sourcing strategies. Involving local internal clients if necessary and ensuring early buy in from the local organization into sourcing strategies.
- Ensuring that local requirements are considered in RFQs.
- Ensuring that local regulatory laws and requirements are adhered and executed.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in same role.
- Good understanding of end-to-end supply chain process, business processes and risk management and logistics.
- Knowledge of export control and customs rules and regulations is a plus.
- Ability to train and advice local business TCO’s and Management on trade compliance topics and requirements to fulfil for a compliant business model and related business engagement and projects.
- Proven leadership skills, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English is required. French is a plus.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: email@example.com. No CVs allowed on emails.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.