Support Services Specialist
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Support Service Specialist- Document Control will be part of Power Grids business based in Cairo, Egypt. Reporting to the Head of Planning and Controlling COE, you will be maintaining and managing all documents either for a project or whole organization and assures that it is authorized, easily accessible and stored. Managing the records management system for the Division/ Country. Reviewing, developing and implementing improvements to Records Management practices, policies and procedures. Managing the foreign company import financial related activities and making sure that it’s in line with ABB financial processes.
- Coordinating all activities related to the Document Control procedure, including technical documents, drawings, and commercial correspondence etc.
- Building Management’s Records Management Strategy and practices are based on and compliant with legal requirements, record keeping best practice and Country business requirements
- Generating various document control reports as required. Ensuring compliance in regards with Audit, via providing support to the business.
- Effective and efficient operation of Plan room and use of secure records management and drawing management systems and follow up of all the site needs. Maintaining the documents and drawings in the Document Control office under safe custody without any damage or deterioration with easy traceability.
- Improving in the operational practices associated with document and records management.
- Making sure that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of the agreed confidential documents. Maintaining electronic document processing, retrieval, and distribution systems in collaboration with other information technology specialists.
- Monitoring regulatory activity to maintain compliance with records and document management laws
- Be up to date for developments in document management technologies and techniques by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in training programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Receiving and reviewing original suppliers’ invoices and validate its related mandatory details. Validating the clearance invoices and send it to GBS team for accounting.
- Preparing bank forms 4 and 5 for foreign shipments and submit it to bank then follow up its related activities with logistics and treasury
- Managing all CPS deductions transactions, submitting the documents for settlements and prepare monthly reconciliation.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in office work, documentation and control.
- Experience in operations and sound knowledge of computerized records and/or drawing management systems/programs.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, database, word processing and selected job specific software.
- Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports.
- Ability to use computer and rapidly input data and retrieve records and information.
- Ability to organize work load and to manage a filing methods and management techniques.
- Sound knowledge of computerized records and/or drawing management systems/programs.
- Knowledge of current legislative requirements, issues, directions and standards.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English & Arabic language is required
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: email@example.com. No CVs allowed on emails
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.