Quality Control Specialist
10th of Ramadan City, Egypt
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Quality Control Specialist will be part of Power Grids business based in 10th of Ramadan City; Egypt. Reporting to the Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager, you will be supporting the Quality team implementing culture and practicing excellence throughout the entire value chain of the organization, to increase customer satisfaction and improving profitability in a sustainable way.
- Conducting supplier audits, and inspections for system and product conformance to quality requirements. Leading supplier performance evaluation and supplier quality development activities.
- Taking responsibilities for the control of the production process and the statistics, analysis and improvement of the process inspecting data, as well as controlling and determining of production non-conforming products in the production process.
- Participating in the investigation of technical problems, as well as establishing of procedures, correcting and preventing actions to avoid recurrences.
- Executing the local approach to continuous improvement and strategy deployment via Lean six sigma. Facilitating best practice sharing within your location.
- Driving transformational projects, within the scope of responsibility, with a hands-on (Gemba) and problem-solving approach (KAIZEN).
- Providing training, coaching and facilitation support to individuals and teams so that they are better equipped to drive their improvement efforts for themselves.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical power and machines Engineering.
- 3 years of experience as a quality control engineer.
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements, IEC and relevant standards is a must.
- Strong skills in lean Six Sigma.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English & Arabic language is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. No CVs allowed on emails.