Production Planning Specialist
10th of Ramadan City, Egypt
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Production Planning Specialist will be part of Power Grids business based in 10th of Ramadan city, Egypt. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be having knowledge of production planning & industrial methods that leads to drive the monthly top-level production plan. Involving the Supervision of Material Releasing for work centers and following up on Production Processes flow. In this Mission all ABB OpeEX trends and methods will be followed achieving required KPIs.
- Confirming of shop floor orders and developing monthly production plan.
- Monitoring and controlling data on SAP system involving work center, routing and capacity planning.
- Verifying of materials and semi-finished products aligned with production plan
- Analysing of production capacity. Releasing of production orders.
- Driving the production plan following up on all related activities including material and production flow.
- Planning analysis report and leading the KPI to match the target.
- Cooperating with logistics and purchasing departments.
- Communicating with the internal and external customers well through team meeting and other methods
- Manufacturing cost and productivity analysis, supporting productivity improvement.
- Inventory analysis, controlling and following up. Working closely with other departments to improve the NWC (Net Working Capital)
- Applying the Quality Management System in the Production Planning department.
- Doing other Tasks Recommended by his lead Engineers and direct manager.
- Following all ABB Ethics and OHS instructions.
- Forming and working in synergy in teams with subordinates’ peers and Superior.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Preferred in Industrial Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of Experience in Production Planning
- Experience in Material Planning & Material Control is an extra appreciated experience
- Knowledge in Industrial Methods and SAP System.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent Computer and communications Skills
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English & Arabic language is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: email@example.com. No CVs allowed on emails
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.