Electrical Design Engineer
10th of Ramadan City, Egypt
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technology allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as an Electrical Design Engineer , will be part of Power Grids business based in 10th of Ramadan City, Egypt. You are responsible for conducting Electrical engineering activities in all allocated markets in order to meet company target figures & KPIs.
- Creating the electrical designs based on the customer specification and factory requirements.
- Preparing offers according to technical requirements.
- Adjusting equipment to the designed transformer.
- Preparation of technical documentation and implementation of material bills for the production system.
- Participating in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures & corrective actions
- Preparing reports and related documents in accordance with internal and external requirements.
- Working closely with the design team and implement design development rules in ABB software.
- Performing technical drawings of transformer.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Power Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience of working in distribution transformer design environment will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience of working in distribution transformer design environment.
- Base knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of Auto-Cad, knowledge of Creo would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of programming concepts is an advantage.
- Strong attitude for using basic computer applications (e.g. MS-Office).
- Capability in handling the changes, and drive it through the projects, Organizations and communications.
- Fluency in both spoken & written English & Arabic languages is required.
- Knowledge of French will be strongly appreciated.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: email@example.com. No CVs allowed on emails.