Power Quality Application Engineer, 10th of Ramadan City; Egypt
10th of Ramadan City, Egypt
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Power Quality Application Engineer will be part of Power Grids business based in 10th of Ramadan City; Egypt. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for analyzing and understanding customer power quality system and product requirements.
- Proposing technically feasible solutions, products, estimate required effort, identifying risks and formulating implementation approach and assumptions.
- Identifying MV & LV power quality opportunities that have excellent market potential. Analyzing methods and finding ways to achieve solutions for the targeted applications
- Representing the company internal and external discussions with internal stakeholders, customer meetings, industry gatherings.
- Testing, integrating and document optimization power quality applications and related work for customer projects, while following best engineering solutions.
- Supporting and assisting onsite/support team with expert knowledge, problem analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of defects as required to bringing issues to closure.
- Perform power quality measurements at site, analyzing and consolidating report with product selection.
- Willing to travel locally & internationally to Middle east and North Africa region when needed to conduct PQ analysis or support customers.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s in electrical engineering.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in Electrical Engineering with good reference about LV/MV electrical power engineering.
- Experience in basic information for electrical network power quality is a plus.
- Knowledge of service application: able to do measurements /site activities related to power quality.
- Understanding of safety procedures for international companies.
- Proven communication, presentation skills that allow him to do discussion with consultants and customer to offer the best technical solution that can match with the customer requirements.
- Sound knowledge in sales background will be plus as he might do some negotiation with some customers. Able to do marketing/prompting for new products in the market.
- Capable to do market study and analysis for the power quality products & portfolio in the market.
- Hands on experience and technical awareness of MV & LV PQ portfolio.
- Ability to travel locally & internationally to Middle east and North Africa region
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English and Arabic language is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. No CVs allowed on emails
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.