Trade Finance Advisor
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Trade Finance Advisor , will be part of Power Grids business based in Cairo, Egypt. You are responsible for supporting country local PG organization and assigned cluster of countries by providing advisory services including; bank guarantees, parent company guarantees, sureties, documentary letters of credit during the export sales contract negotiations and during post sales trade finance instrument finalization and execution.
- Advisory role : Acting as a center of competence for the trade finance instruments portfolio management for the cluster countries. Providing expert advice on trade finance instruments structure during the negotiation of and after the export sales contract is concluded. Providing relevant advice and risk mitigation activities in case of non-standard instruments being requested. Knowledge of local legal environments, implications for the issuance of trade finance instruments, know-how of specific local instruments such as sureties. Driving standardization of PG trade finance instruments wordings. Speaking partner to Head Global CoE Trade Finance, PG CFM’s for Trade Finance Link (system) and Trade Finance portfolio. Collaborating with the relevant, existing Trade Finance Delivery Center (TFDC) hub and across regional hubs.
- Portfolio oversight (for countries with no TFDC hub servicing) : First escalation point for business users
- Supporting the data quality management in TFL.KPI reporting, SOX controls ,adhering to local regulations and relevant customary practices and providing training.
- Approval role (for hosting country) : Releasing bank guarantee requests as part of the 4-eye principle
- Maintaining bank guarantee portfolio (new issuance, amendment, extend or pay, claims, closing, free formats). Receiving the incoming bolero messages, check the quality and content agrees with request and import accordingly. Following manual procedure in case of non-Bolero contracts. Assigning advised export LCs to the relevant recipients as per maintained “allocation guidelines” or based on any other source of information (like beneficiary, goods description, etc.).
- TFL User Access Management : Approval of the new user requests, modification and deletion. Regular control and reconciliation of the users as required.
- Strategic : Participation in planning activities of Global CoE Trade Finance. Budgeting support to Head Global CoE Trade Finance. Supporting in the TFDC hub model development and its roll out (including Business workflow) across entire PG organization.
- Bank relationship : Supporting PG country in maintenance of existing or requesting of a new stand-alone credit line. Providing input on the bank performance / satisfaction survey preparation.
- Bank fee charges : Incoming invoice reconciliation , timely bank fee payment execution , cost center allocation for bank fees.
- Trade Finance Link : Usage of global application Trade Finance Link (TFL) and Bolero communication channel (where applicable) . Acting as a Local Power User (LPU) for the business users in case of questions or doubts . Supporting the Trade Finance Link development by providing input on identified, potential improvements.
- Reporting: Statistics over bank performance and guarantee and LC portfolio. Quarterly management reporting, first level support for any Service Quality issues to Head Global CoE Trade Finance.
- Various: Ad-hoc support for Head Global CoE Trade Finance in regards of special reports, improvements of processes, analysis and other Trade Finance related matters.
- Safety and Integrity : Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A University degree in Finance, Banking, Treasury Management or other relevant.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in Trade Finance (administration, advisory, consultancy in the area of guarantees and letters of credit).
- URDG, UCP and other relevant industry standards sound knowledge and usage experience.
- Certification in trade finance instruments (such as CSDG, CITF, CTFP) would be considered an advantage.
- Pro-active business attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Mandatory Fluent English (oral and written) and written Arabic and French will be an added advantage.
- Trade Finance experience.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at: email@example.com. No CVs allowed on emails.