Labour Relations Specialist
- Job type
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is world leader in pioneer technology offering a wide range of products and services. This position forms part of the backbone and support services center named GBS (Global Business Services). GBS provides services across main areas of Human Resources, Supply Chain Management, Finance and Information Technology. GBS support ABB business’ Globally from main hubs in Asia, Europe and America.
You will be working as a Labour Relations Specialist and will be the part of Global business Services for HR Expert Services business line based in Cairo, Egypt. In this role you will be reporting to HR Function Manager and will be responsible for delivering and implementing Human Resources (HR) strategy in one or more HR functional areas in alignment with group directives and wider HR strategy.
- Providing advice and guidance to the business as needed during labor relations contract negotiations, including drafting proposals and facilitating meetings with union representatives.
- Overseeing collective bargaining procedures, including drafting, reviewing and modifying proposals, verifying legal contract terminology and suggesting additional rules and regulations as necessary.
- Communicating effectively with managers, executives and union representatives daily to create positive working environment, addressing worker grievances and verifying compliance with contractual protocols.
- Analyzing current work contracts and human resources policies to determine overall state of employee relations and making innovative changes to improve morale, efficiency and overall performance.
- Managing labor grievances as needed by investigating circumstances of incident, validating of claims, adhering to contract policies and completion of resolution procedures.
- Developing and presenting informational briefings for management to improve understanding of labor relations and promote improved contract and management solutions.
- Assisting management during crisis situations, such as labor strikes, to facilitate effective negotiations and resolve issues quickly.
- Taking oversight responsibility on labor relations topics in countries like Iran, Iraq, Algeria, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Labor Relations and degree in law or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources & Employee Relations.
- Strong decision-making skills with ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Excellent managerial skills to effectively direct and implement the HR program in accordance with set rules & regulations.
- Fluency in both spoken & written English is required.
- Must have creative thinking in dealing with issues or problems.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
If you are interested to join our team, apply directly on website with your ENGLISH RESUME. In case you have inquiries
or face difficulties in applying, contact us at EGfirstname.lastname@example.org. No CVs allowed on emails.