Electrification Business Communication Manager
- Job type
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
You will be working as a Country Communication Manager and will be a part of Electrification (EL) Business Area based in Cairo, Egypt. In this role you will be reporting to Regional Communications Head and will be responsible for taking leadership of all the Electrification Business Area internal and external communications activities in the country, ensuring positive branding of ABB and the business area in the market. Ensuring a coherent communications strategy for the countries, in line with the Electrification Business Area and ABB Group strategy guidelines and brand positioning. leading the change with the business and country management. Taking responsibility for excellence in all communications measures within the framework of an approved budget.
- External Communications: Leading the planning, development and execution of all external communications related to Electrification Business Area in the countries, in line with Electrification Business Area and corporate guidelines and overall Electrification strategy. Taking responsibility for specific customer and partnership communications and programs related to the countries, such as universities, non-governmental organizations. Taking in charge of developing corporate OR business area reputation brochures and collaterals in alignment with regional and group communications teams.
- Media and Public Relations (PR): Developing and implementing an integrated media plan for the division OR region to advance EL's brand identity and aligning with the EL and wider group ABB strategy and messaging. Ensuring flawless execution of the media relations plan, including management of any external agency partners and ABB’s social media outlets. Proactively engaging with global OR national media, business media and key trade media. Serving as the lead spokesperson and lead point person for the Division OR region on media interactions that promote OR impact the Electrification Business Area. Distributing global PR messages locally. Supporting key leaders in the division OR region with thought leadership content, media guidance and speaking opportunities. Providing direction and support to all media spokespersons in the division OR region as needed. Ensuring key leaders receive best practice training in media relations and crisis communications.
- Internal Communications: Leading the provision of tools and supporting local management on employee communication, intranet content, presentations, newsletters publications, events, etc. for Electrification Business Area, including signing-off of content before publication. Coordinating internal communications for the country in alignment with the other functions including legal and integrity, Health, Safety & Efficacy (HSE), Human Resource (HR) and security.
- Events and Branding: Safeguarding brand identity, corporate design and regulatory compliance in all communications, both internal and external for the business area. Co-ordinating large national events and media events. Supporting with content and ensure brand compliance for local trade shows and local customer events, in collaboration with local marketing teams. Supporting channel partners with required brand collaterals and space design ensuring a strong market presence.
- Issue and Crisis management: Ensuring accurate knowledge and management of existing issues and crisis plan at the country level. Developing and updating vulnerability assessment plan in coordination with the region management and ensuring all internal issues and crisis are handled with minimum negative impact to the organization brand.
- Knowledge Exchange: Playing an active role as a key member of the regional communications team, enhancing and contributing to communication flow, in alignment with Electrification and corporate communications guidelines. Sharing knowledge with other communications managers and leverage best practices from across the organization.
- People leadership and Development: Providing leadership to the communications teams across the region. Ensuring with HR Manager support that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guiding, motivating and developing direct OR indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s OR Master’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or related area.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Marketing, Communication Management or Public Relations in a matrix style organization and in a management role.
- Candidate should have understanding of the impact of communications on the organizational brand and ability to advise senior leadership as well as communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Should have experience in copywriting and editing for business communications.
- Experience with North African countries.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of French language is a plus.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
If you are interested to join our team, apply directly on website with your ENGLISH RESUME. In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at EGemail@example.com. No CVs allowed on emails.