Senior Project Manager - Temp Position
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
You will be working as a Senior Project Manager and will be the part of Process Automation Business Area for Energy Industries Division based in Cairo, Egypt. In this role you will be reporting to the Project Operations Manager and will be responsible for leading the execution of medium size to large and moderately complex projects and ensuring that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.
- Leading the project team, establishing the project execution approach and overseeing project hand-over, execution planning, and monitoring and controlling activities for both internal and external resources to accomplish all project goals.
- Defining jointly with Project Controls department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
- Ensuring that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies. Monitoring and controlling project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitoring and controlling project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifying, qualifying, quantifying and managing project risks, and ensuring that all opportunities are identified and pursued.
- Capturing, analyzing and sharing lessons learned throughout the project. Ensuring that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Driving the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- Ensuring that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements.
- Coordinating with supply chain management, and procuring all required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Supporting Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
- Acting as the key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicating with all stakeholders.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- Minimum 14-20 years of experience in Project Management.
- Should be open to work in temporary position for the period of 18 to 24 months.
- Should have experience in water treatment projects.
- Required computer skills in Microsoft office
- PMP Certified Engineer is a must.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English & Arabic language is a must.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.