Principal Frontend Developer
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We not only have ambitious goals, but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: for us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to make the electricity grids smarter, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Principal Frontend Developer in Helsinki. This position is one of the key roles in our central UX design team responsible for corporate UX design principles and ABB wide Design system. You will participate into creation of this unique Design system, as well as in supporting the execution of designs in several business units across the organization. In this position, you will be collaborating with UX/UI Designers and Frontend Developers in several business units globally
- Creating the Design system together with the team, especially focusing on the management and development of reusable SW component libraries
- Supporting our businesses when they implement and execute their digital products
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- Several years’ experience of frontend development and practices
- Expertise in React and Angular
- Previous experience of implementing UI component library
- Ability and interest to lead people and take product ownership
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- It’s also considered as a plus if you have expertise in .NET WPF, understanding of the human-centered design process, and of software UX/UI design and testing methodologies
- Experience working in industry and B2B environment is beneficial
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
- An interesting and unique opportunity to work with wide-scale Design system in a very international working environment
- The opportunity to participate into a digital transformation within a large multinational organization with opportunities to further your career, and the opportunity for personal development
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by December 15, 2019.
If you have questions, contact Marjukka Mäkelä Head of UX Design, Digital ABB, email@example.com.