Project Supply Chain Manager
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are hiring Project Supply Chain Manager at ABB Oy, Grid Integration Business Line in Vaasa. Your focus will be on category management and procurement of subcontracted services related to substation construction, installation and commissioning. Thus, the scope of services will mainly cover civil and construction works as well as mechanical and electrical installations.
We also expect you to manage the supply base in the range of subcontracted services. You’ll be our key person in defining our procurement strategy together with the management team, SCM and the field operations manager and then in managing the execution of the chosen strategy. In this position, you will be negotiating and preparing contracts and actively maintaining relationships with contractors.
- Depending on your background and experience, we would like you to take care of:
- Procurement of subcontracting services including civil engineering and construction work, mechanical and electrical installation and other required site subcontracting services
- Developing and executing lean subcontracting practice for both project tendering and execution
- Evaluating and qualifying new contractors and suppliers and maintaining the contractor network primarily within Finland and in selected export projects
- Sending RFQ materials to contractors and supporting tender calculation
- Utilizing your expertise in cost calculations and budgetary cost estimates
- Preparing project-specific strategies for subcontracting together with the tender manager and field operations manager
- Supporting project managers in contract negotiations with our contractors
- Monitoring contractor performance
- You don’t have to hold PhD at age of 30 and have 10 years of experience. However, your chances to meet our standards are higher, if you cover most of the following requirements:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering or business administration or another relevant field
- Several years’ experience in project business or construction environment or in supply chain management. Preferably some category management experience in sub-contracted services.
- Experience in the procurement of subcontracted services (e.g. in civil engineering and installation)
- A good knowledge of supplier qualifications and HSE requirements at construction sites
- Swift communication skills and ability to run successful negotiations
- Solid skills in English and Finnish, both written and spoken
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We look for open team player, who enjoys versatile tasks and feels at home in work, where every day is different. Although, you can build robust and efficient practices, challenging current ways of working is natural for you. We admit, that project business has ups and downs and sometimes we have more things to do than time allows. Thus, eye for setting priorities, sharing work and helping others should be natural perks for you.
Apply for the position by October 6th, 2019. We will initiate interviews as candidates apply and position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions, contact Antti Rinta-Knuuttila, Project Controls Manager, tel. +358 50 33 44 603.