Quality and Development Engineer
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Quality and Development Engineer at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators unit in Helsinki. In this position, you will be working for the department responsible for the quality and process improvements within the profit unit. You are innovative, customer-oriented and have good presentation skills.
- Lead technical problem solving in cross-functional teams, make root cause analysis and implement preventive actions
- Facilitate and participate continuous improvement on every level of organization
- Support SCM, sales, after sales, R&D and project management on quality related issues and documentation
- Leading or participating supplier, internal and customer audits
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in mechanical or electrical Engineering or equivalent
- A few years’ experience in the manufacturing or process industry
- Strong analytical skills, systematic way of working and development-oriented mindset
- Ability to work well under pressure, respond positively to new challenges, and meet deadlines and commitments
- Excellent organizational and cross-functional communication skills
- Good command of MS Office
- Excellent written and spoken English and Finnish skills
- Ideally you have a good knowledge of quality processes, Six Sigma, LEAN and ISO 9001 and auditing experience as lead auditor
- SAP skills, understanding of mechanical dimensioning and standards or knowledge of mechanical analyses is an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
- An interesting position in a dynamic department
- The opportunity to be innovative in improving quality
- The opportunity to work closely with ABB customers
- A challenging position to enhance professional growth
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by February 20, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Quality Manager Kaisa Junka, tel. +358 50 332 4055.