- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 147,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Product Manager for product group Propulsion Solutions at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports business line in Vuosaari, Helsinki.
- Leading the Azipod® product portfolio in business driven, customer focused and quality-oriented manner.
- Overseeing all steps in the product life cycle including concept studies, development, launch, updates, incremental improvements, pricing, and profitability.
- Constantly seeking to better understand our customers’ businesses and the ongoing trends in shipbuilding and marine propulsion in order to be able to derive informed decisions related to our product portfolio.
- Keeping on top of customer feedback to ensure that our portfolio is compliant with customer expectations.
- Working in close collaboration with our customers, sales, product development and marketing is key to your success.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A M.Sc. or B. Sc in a relevant field, e.g. Naval Architecture, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- A comprehensive experience from shipbuilding and marine business.
- You are analytical in analysing market developments and our respective market positioning but remain practical in execution.
- Cross functional collaboration capabilities are key for your success in leading the product portfolio from phase-in to phase-out.
- Fluent written and spoken Finnish and English language skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by November 10, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact Jaakko Aho, Vice President, Propulsion Solutions, tel +358 50 332 6021.