- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
We not only have ambitious goals, but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: for us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to make the electricity grids smarter, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Project Buyer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. In this role you will co-operate closely with production and suppliers to ensure requested material deliveries for OBE (Order Based Engineering orders and for R&D projects).
• Identifying suppliers and qualifying new suppliers in co-operation with relevant teams
• Coordinating and executing required purchasing activities together with R&D project and with NPD sourcing manager
• Closely co-operating with production and suppliers to ensure requested material deliveries for OBE (Order Based Engineering) orders
• Tracking goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensure invoice processing
• Overseeing supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time) and resolving performance issues
• Initiating purchase orders (PO) in the system, confirming delivery with suppliers, monitoring and tracking supplier performance to purchase order requirements
• Aligning supplier orders with customer requirements in terms of content, quality and delivery
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• The opportunity for professional development in the field of operations; process development, logistics and supply chain management
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field related to Logistics and/or Supply Chain management
• A few years’ work experience in inventory and supply chain management
• Good knowledge of SAP and Excel
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• You must possess a great team work attitude, strong attention to detail and preventing errors and solving problems
• The ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
• Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• A proactive and systematic way of working
• Knowledge of MS Office and SAP
• A customer-focused approach
• Knowledge of the production environment
• Experience of managing supplier relations
More about us
Interested in joining the crew? Then please apply at your earliest convenience and no later than May 28th, 2019.
For more information about this role, please contact Kimmo Lampinen, Manager Supply Operations, at +358 50 332 3321.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.