Global Product Specialist, Shore Charging Systems
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 147,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Global Product Specialist, Shore Charging Systems at ABB Oy, Marine & Ports business line in Vuosaari, Helsinki, Finland or in Billingstad, Oslo, Norway. Energy storage systems and batteries for different vessel types are part of ABB’s offering to the marine industry. In this position, your responsibility is to establish a road map for shore charging systems that will be applied to our installation deliveries. This role reports to Global PG Manager, PG Electric Solutions. We offer you an interesting and challenging role in an international and dynamic working environment in the marine industry. In this role, you have the opportunity to become an expert in energy storage systems, as well as the opportunity to develop your career in a global company.
- Building a roadmap and product portfolio for shore charging systems
- Managing the development and taking ownership of relevant products and solutions
- Mapping shore charging system requirements for different vessel types and operations
- Creating shore charging system designs to internal stakeholders, including functional design, operation and safety
- Building up the delivery capability (incl. suppliers and partners)
- Determining qualification agreements for component suppliers together with SCM
- Building and developing relationships with key customers and stakeholders
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering or similar. Alternatively, relevant experience can be considered.
- A few years of work experience related to energy storage systems and batteries or electrical power systems
- Experience in engineering related product management tasks
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions
- Business and customer orientation
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility
- Excellent English skills. Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian language skills are considered an advantage
- Willingness to travel around 75 days globally per year
- Ideally, you have prior knowledge of energy storage systems, as well as batteries and their charging connection to land grid
- Experience working in an international environment and specific local requirements is an advantage
- Understanding and willingness to learn local electric grid requirements is also beneficial
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by Nov 12, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact Alf Kare Adnanes, tel. +86 1772133 6723 or email alfkare.adnanes(a)cn.abb.com