IT Application Specialist/Manager
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a new team member to join us at ABB Oy, Country Staff Information Systems in Helsinki or Vaasa. In this position, you will be leading the process of reviewing the status and quality of the local application(s) along with the IS organization. You will also maintain and monitor SLAs and relevant KPIs.
- Initiating improvements and innovation of the service delivery for the assigned application(s).
- Participating in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the local non-ERP applications team.
- Cooperating with Business stakeholders and support in qualification of new requests for the assigned application(s).
- Planning and executing changes and projects that interact or affect the assigned application(s).
- Coordinating and planning the different delivery teams' actions on the application.
- Providing change and incident management reporting and maintaining the application configuration data.
- Being accountable for stability and security of application(s). Supporting and coordinating the incident resolution.
- Being responsible of compliance for the applications in scope.
- Maintaining the relationship with vendors.
- Supporting in vendor cost forecasting and invoice handling.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in computer science, business information systems, economics or related field.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Finnish with the ability to clearly articulate complex information to IT/Application peers and business teams.
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills with the ability to assess complex issues with limited information. You collaborate well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources.
- Committed, positive attitude by showing a willingness to fulfill all given duties. A problem-solving attitude as well as skills and ability to organize work and make decisions are needed.
- Ideally you have at least 3 years of experience from specific IT environment (preferably IT Financial Systems or user access management or SaaS software and standard web API system architecture).
- Experience working within a complex application environment that includes ERP (SAP) and multiple integrated systems and the understanding of Finance and Accounting functions / business controlling are a plus
- Experience in managing IT applications/services and in projects management, good knowledge of IT service management concepts (ITIL) and experience working with Agile, Scrum, KanBan methodologies, DevOps experience are a plus.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We offer an excellent opportunity to be a part of a team of professionals and employment in a big company with a long history in innovation and technology. Additionally, targeted training will help you to enhance your skills.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by December 8th, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact Head of Local Application team Heikki Puolanne, tel. +358 50 332 3228.