- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business is one of the largest suppliers of products and systems for the transmission and distribution of electric energy. This division is active in the following segments: energy generation, energy transmission & distribution, wind energy and water & infrastructure. It is also active in the process industry with a wide range of products, systems and services in the fields of medium and high voltage, transformers, automation and safety technology.
Within this business, we are currently looking for a Service Supervisor at ABB Power Grids Oy, Transformer Service Business Line in Vaasa, Finland. In this role you will act as Supervisor in Transformer Service Workshop.
- Management of transformer repair and rehabilitation project execution and workshop operations and related site works.
- Responsibility of daily progress of the project tasks, HSE, tools and equipment of the team.
- B.Sc. in engineering (preferably electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent)
- Proven supervision skills (tools & practices and hands on experiences)
- Knowledge of distribution and/or power transformers (design, manufacturing, services related to transformers and/or industrial or utility usage and maintenance of transformers)
- Good communication and team work skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changes
- Committed to keep achieve targets (e.g. keep customer delivery time commitments)
- Good skills with MS Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SAP ERP system and project management skills are advantages
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
- A position with dynamic environment to work close with customers and the team to deliver transformer life cycle service to the market - mainly in Finland.
- Possibilities to learn more about transformers and their use and maintenance and industrial service business and develop your project management skills
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market
- Good working environment and a great team
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position latest by November 25, 2019.
For more information, please contact Service Manager Vesa Vuorenmaa, +358 50 33 44520 or Service Manager Jan Grönholm, +358 50 3344505