Supply Chain Management Manager
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Management Manager for ABB Power Grids Oy in Vaasa. You will focus on developing the supplier network and overall implementation of strategic procurement. You will be supported by a team of experienced project supply chain managers, the unit’s project managers, and other support staff whose strategic procurement activities you will lead and coordinate.
We are challenged by our customers daily – this is why we also need skilled and driven people for project implementation; professionals that are ready to meet the set challenges. If you feel that you have what it takes to handle supplier management in project business in a professional and systematic way, this could be something for you!
- Creation of product group strategies
- Leading product group management
- Evaluation and approval of suppliers
- Negotiation and conclusion of agreements
- Supplier cooperation
- Living ABB Power Grids' core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in relevant field
- Knowledge and understanding of basic contractual techniques
- The ability to create a vision in your area of responsibility and to communicate it to colleagues
- An understanding of how to lead operations for implementation of the strategy
- Fluent written and spoken Finnish and English
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
We offer a challenging position in an international working environment, the opportunity for personal development, the opportunity to further your career in a global company.
Apply for the position by December 2, 2019. We will initiate interviews as candidates apply and position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions, please contact Antti Rinta-Knuuttila, Project Controls Manager, tel. + 358 50 33 44 603.