Product Approval Specialist
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Product Approval Specialist at ABB Oy Drives Business Line, Helsinki. In this position you will get to work in an international working environment, with challenging tasks related to product approvals. You will be a member of our product engineering and quality team and work together with other product approval specialists in the organization.
- Managing and maintaining product compliance (product approvals, regulatory requirements, CE compliance) of frequency converters in the active phase of their life cycle
- Work together with a team of product approval engineers for overall product compliance in Drives
- Be responsible for communication with authorities, factory audits, as well as update product documentation and provide support for designers and other stakeholders on product approval related questions
- Participate in development projects in the product engineering and quality department to ensure product compliance
- Acting as the organization's expert in approvals, regulations and standards related to drives, e.g. supporting other functions with compliance related questions
- Close co-operation with many teams within the organization and with authorities
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in technology, power electronics or electronics
- A few years of work experience with product approvals and/or electrical drives
- Spontaneous, practical and precise approach to work, the ability to work according to our quality processes
- Good PC skills, solid skills in MS Office tools
- Good written and spoken communication skills in Finnish
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English, as our documentation language is English
- Previous experience working with organizations and issues such as UL, electrical safety, knowledge of electric drives and the electrical safety of drives, quality management systems and quality processes is an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
We offer a great opportunity to become an expert in a wide range of product approvals and safety of drives, a versatile job with a view of state-of-the-art technology and to many different design areas and customer segments.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by January 27, 2020.
For more information please contact: Product Engineering Manager Johannes Pylvänen tel. +358 50 332 3013.