R&D Senior Engineer
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a R&D Senior Engineer at ABB Oy, Smart Power business line in Vaasa. You will be working on R&D projects, developing the next generation products, together with highly skilled and innovative engineers. You will operate with a global network of partners and other functions of the business line. Are you an innovative R&D engineer with collaboration skills?
- Following up and steering electronics design.
- Contributing to the verification, validation and testing of the products.
- Working in close collaboration with ABB Italy R&D competence center.
- Electronics maintenance support to other functions.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering.
- Experience of electronics design in embedded environment (HW/SW).
- Several years of relevant experience of electronics design and preferably also manufacturing.
- A proactive and systematic way of working.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Finnish language skills.
- The position requires travelling.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Experience of a global R&D projects is an advantage.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by December 5, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact Timo Jokiniemi, R&D Team Manager, at +358 50 334 3214 or Juhani Väättänen, R&D Competence Center Manager, at +358 50 334 8920.