- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Project Engineer at ABB Oy, Process Industries business line in Vaasa. As a project engineer you are responsible for technical solutions in a particular project. You will support the sales operations by defining the technology to be sold in such a way that it can be implemented from the start of the project to the end of the project. During project implementation, you will operate as an expert in your own area and you will be accountable to a respective lead engineer. Whenever necessary, you will provide assistance to the customer with problems related to their equipment and applications. The group of project engineers has a superior of their own, who is responsible for the development of the group and for the standard solutions produced by the group.
- Carrying out engineering work, whenever necessary
- Supporting the project organization in technical solutions from the start of a project to its completion
- Supporting the customer in technical solutions
- Being the top expert in one or several product fields (e.g. Single drives, motors and machines, Fieldbuses and intelligent motor centers, Low Voltage switchboards, Medium Voltage switchgear, High Voltage switchgear)
- Supporting marketing, sales, project implementation, and engineering to ensure that all technical solutions are correct from the very beginning
- Carrying out training to customers
- Producing technical documentation
- Reusing ABB libraries and solutions in projects
- Maintaining and improving the level of engineering knowledge and expertise
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- Electrical engineering expertise; electrical engineering for the process industry, ability to understand and apply power distribution systems
- Knowledge of Medium Voltage systems. Knowledge of High Voltage or Low Voltage systems is considered as a benefit
- Knowledge of industrial processes
- Good command of English. We also appreciate other languages, especially Swedish
- Experience in commissioning/site operations and carrying out testing for the process industry is seen as an advantage
- Ideally you have a knowledge of ABB products
- You have ability to work independently and as a team member, make decisions and to avoid/manage stressful situations
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by December 8, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact Engineering Manager Jani Yliaho, tel. +358 50 334 2527